1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
2. User Consent.
3. A Note About Children.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company, and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child email@example.com.
4. A Note to Users On Data.
For information requests under GDPR or CCPA, or to opt out, click here.
For information requests under GDPR, click here.
5. Types of Data We Collect.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us:
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”). We may allow you to upload your vCard directly to your Account, and in the event you choose to do so, we will collect all information that is contained in your vCard.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information You Provide to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Github, and other Social Networking Sites (collectively, “SNS”).
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tag In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Crashalytics. We use Crashalytics to help obtain and analyze crash reporting data about our Site, Application and Services. Data collected by Crashalytics includes, but is not limited to, device state information, unique device identifiers, device hardware and OS information, information relating to how an application functions, and the physical location of a device at the time of a crash.
Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the thir d pa rty’s namesand e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you toobtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access anduploadthe third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact usat firstname.lastname@example.org torequest the removal of this information from our database.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from employers who use our Services to search for candidates as part of the recruiting process. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide. Certain information that is collected about you from these companies as part of the recruiting process is confidential and will not be shared with you.
Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.6. Use of Your Personal DataGeneral Use.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you welcome and registration e-mails to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, security, or support, and maintenance advisories;
- Send you profile and job related e-mail notifications such as updates to your application status, messages related to applications, reminders regarding your profile, and new match opportunities;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- respond to your support and complaint related inquiries;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of standard business practice, proactive outreach regarding new opportunities, secondary fraud protection, or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
User Testimonials and Feedback.
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
Third Parties Designated by You.
When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including potential employers Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information.
- We will share your Personal data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING [INSERT COMPANY E-MAIL ADDRESS]. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
8. Third Party Websites.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for analytics, fraud or similar purposes.
- You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
10. Security of Your Personal Data.
Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Riviera Partners, with its partnership and commitment to Security and Privacy with Microsoft, also provides a link to their Privacy Statement.